After a Heavy Snowstorm
After a Heavy Snowstorm
One night there was a heavy snowstorm, and in the morning Mr Smith's garden was full of deep snow. Mr Smith wanted to take his car out, so he paid a man to clean the path from his garage to his gate. He said to this man, "Don't throw any snow on that side, because it will damage the bushes in my garden; and don't throw any snow into the street, or the police will be angry. " Then Mr Smith went out.
When he came back, the path was clean and the snow from it was not on the bushes, or the fence, or the street. Mr Smith was very pleased-until he opened the garage to get his car out! The garage was full to the top with all the snow from the path, and his car was somewhere under it all!
No Baseball Today
PETER: Can you play baseball with me today?
JoHN: No, I can't. I'm sorry. I have to help my mother. We're going to move tomorrow.
PETER: Where's the new house? Is it far from here?
JoHN: No, it's not far. It's near our old house.
PETER: Can I help you pack?
JoHN: Sure. Thanks.
* * *
PETER: What can I do?
JoHN: Take the books out of the bookcase. Put them in this box.
PETER: Well, the books are in the box. What can I do now?
JoHN: Take the magazines out of the bookcase. Put them in that box.
PETER: All right.
JoHN: Peter ! Pack them. Don't read them.
PETER: These magazines are interesting. May I borrow one?
JOHN: Of course.
PETER: Thanks, John.
Quiestions on Text B
7. Read the foilowing passage once. Undertine the key words whiie reading and retell the story to your partner.
A Better Mailman !
I worked as a mailman for a short time. However, I am afraid of dogs and I had a lot of trouble. One day I tried to deliver some letters to a big house. I started to open the gate and all of a sudden a huge dog ran toward me. It growled and barked at me , so I threw the letters over the fence. The dog picked them up and carried them into the house. The dog was a better mailman than I was!
- TED演讲： 莱温斯基：羞辱的代价 阅读:164 2016-10-08
- “考勤卡”在英语里怎么说 阅读:68 2016-02-26
- A Toothache 牙痛 阅读:40 2017-06-02
- People at the Printer 打印的人 阅读:30 2018-03-17
- Life after Death 死后重生 阅读:47 2016-10-23
- 请求别人帮忙，如何开口？ 阅读:163 2016-08-05
- Mailbox Key Missing 信箱钥匙不见了 阅读:94 2018-01-01
- 美式口语学习六大技巧 阅读:59 2017-03-06
- My Wife Left Me 我的妻子离开了我（我和我的妻子离婚了） 阅读:59 2017-01-20
- 把英语踩在脚下的10条黄金准则！ 阅读:50 2017-03-30
- 风靡美国50年的爱情小漫画 cartoon 阅读:130 2016-10-16
- “Diski dance”南非足球舞 阅读:50 2016-02-23
- 大学英语听力教学小议 阅读:61 2017-04-19
- 英语听力会话18 悲伤时 阅读:46 2017-08-26
- Beijings Olympic Village Court opens 阅读:61 2017-07-19
- 除了“死亡凝视”，菲尔普斯有更多理由成为网红 阅读:43 2016-11-03
Seeking Our Outer Space Home One hundred years ago, walking on the moon was only a dream -- it is almost impossible t...
A: Do you like this new dress I bought?B: It looks a little too big for you.A: I bought it for my mother.B: Is it for...
一、Oh 表示惊讶、指责、痛苦、称赞、懊恼等，可译为“哦”、“哎呀”、“噢”“啊”、“呀”等。1. "Oh, who was that?&quo...
My head hurts! What's wrong with me?我的头好痛!我这是怎么了?My hair is falling out!我...
1. I’m not myself!我烦透了!2. Don’t bother me!别烦我!3. Give me five more minutes, p...
A: Good morning, Mr. Davis.B: Good morning, Rudy. How are you today?A: I'm doing well, thanks.B: So, what have yo...
北外的许国璋老先生说： 学英语就要无法无天，要天不怕地不怕。 学外语，要眼尖，耳明，嘴勤，手快。只要多读，多记，多讲，多写，自有水到渠成之日。 学习外语，从事语言学研究的人不要把自己圈在只读洋文的狭小天地里，一定要具备良好的国学基...
Disappear 消失Lock yourself in a room away from distractions and focus fully on...
Torch relay in Guiyang endsThe Beijing Olympic torch relay has concluded its tour in Guiyang, the first leg of its vi...
1A: How much is the fare for this bus?B: It costs $1.25 to ride the bus.A: So, how long have you been driving buses?B...
Chinese superstars Jackie Chan, Liu Huan, Andy Lau and Chow Wah Kin(from righ...
1. get out (of here) 滚蛋 这个应该是最家喻户晓的"滚"了吧，使用频率高，适用场合百搭。 eg: Didn&...
第一步：审题、确定托福立场、列出理由(只需要在草稿纸上用英文单词或汉语列出各个理由，防止遗忘)，最少3分钟最多5分钟。要避免两个极端： a. 用时太少，理由没有想清楚就开始写，不仅造成文章逻辑结构不清，还会引起行文中频繁的修正，欲速则...
The original World Trade Center opened in New York City in 1973. The most famous part of the complex of buildings w...